PR Associate Director (New York, NY)
Whiting Consulting is looking to hire an Associate Director for our client in the NYC area. Our client is a global public relations agency seeking an individual to lead technology accounts. The position requires an individual who is a quick thinker and has a solid understanding of the global business landscape. The candidate should enjoy working with various cultures and learning about business practices in emerging markets.
You will be managing multiple accounts. The position comes with both business development and client facing responsibilities. The candidate should be able to work with a team colleagues based in New York and as well as the clients other locations abroad. The position may require travel.
- Working with client teams as well as internal teams in the U.S. and abroad to develop strategic objectives and goals for communications programs that meet the clients expectations
- Be an information source on our client and the industry to develop public relations strategies.
- Create and execute PR plans
- Formulate and preserve relationships with journalists from multiple media outlets. Connect with program directors of speaking forums for speaking placements.
- Draft and/or edit information including press releases and activity reports
- Identify significant journalists and track their beat and interests. Use this information while pitching client stories and update team members working with other clients
- Consult with other managers to recognize trends and key group interests and concerns
- Contribute to new business efforts
- Keep team leads up-to-date on all client related activities and ensure team members are marked on all client emails. Knowledge share is critical within the organization
- Candidates must be motivated and proactive
- An undergraduate or post graduate degree
- 5 years of work experience
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Track record of executing B2B PR campaigns
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.
Whiting Consulting is a recruiting firm specializing in placing highly-qualified candidates for: Executive-Level Roles, Marketing / Sales Engineering / Inside Sales, Product Management / Product Marketing, Software Development & Engineering / QA, Implementation Consultants, Production Support, and High-Tech Public Relations.